• 100 Days of Good Karma

Karma

It’s been a rough week.

A friend’s childhood home burned to the ground.
    • My in-law’s south Texas ranch house was broken into. Again.
    • And I found out I have breast cancer.

Justin and I bought Lottery tickets on principle.  We’re going to win.  I just know it.

I don’t know a whole lot right now.

What I do know:
    • The cancer is in one breast and in one lymph node.
    • The doctor gave me a tentative “Stage 2b” diagnosis, pending more test results and a PET scan to see if it has spread anywhere else.
    • I’m meeting with an oncologist next week to discuss how to proceed.

Talking with my friend Tina yesterday (she of the burned-down-childhood-home), we found ourselves laughing over the whole mess.

Because what else can you do but laugh?

I mean really, Karma? All in the same week? Really??

So yesterday I started a new daily habit. I’m calling it 100 Days of Good Karma. I’m going to find the silver lining in every single day for 100 days.

Join me.

You can post your silver lining on Facebook. You can leave it in a comment on this blog. You can write it in a journal. You can just take a moment and appreciate the silver lining in your mind and heart.

But do it.

Because I’m convinced this shit has to balance out somewhere.

1. Kelley says:

I wanted to call you but it was late last night. Whatever, wherever, whenever Gary and I are there. Payton is in the hospital since yesterday. Once I get him back home and situated I will call you. Love You!

2. Erica says:

SL: I’m thinking about your boobs, a lot, this morning.

3. pwsquare says:

I am on my 98th day of happiness, so now I have 100 days of good karma to look forward to with you. Prayers going up for you and sending love to you.

4. […] I mean, what are the chances of all this bad news happening at once? We declared that good Karma had to start flowing soon, just to balance it all out. Neither of us are the types to sit around and wait for bad news, or even wallow in it, so we decided that focusing on the good things that were happening right now—even though the bad seemed to be eclipsing it—was the only way to proceed forward. So we’re doing 100 Days of Good Karma—where for the next hundred days we’re focusing on the sl…. […]

5. Warrior princess! This cancer is going down. It picked the wrong body to mess with.

6. Lori Carreon says:

Meghan, I happened to glance at FB and notice you had a blog, clicked in and read this news! Sending prayers and good karma your way!! If there’s anything we can do, help, call, email, babysit, whatever you need no matter what just ask! Much love – Lori Beth

Thank you so much, and I’m so glad you found the blog! I appreciate all the happy thoughts sent my way. Click around. There’s more than gloom and doom here… promise. 🙂

Sorry one of your breasts is not feeling well. They both looked fine to me the last time I saw you. Like my high school track coach used to say, “There are no hills for a stepper.” Meaning, I have full confidence that this will just be a small bump in the road for you, if that. Take care of yourself and think of me during your next Guinness.

You are one of the strongest women I know! Always envied you for that! Your going to kick this Cancers ASS! No doubt!!! Love and prayers coming your way! ❤️

9. Chelsea says:

This sucks, Meghan. It just sucks. Bullshit, really. BUT…you’re an awesomely strong woman and have that unique ability to see the good in everything. This challenge proves that.

10. Joan says:

Dear Sweet Megan,

I am so very sorry to hear this news. however, , I have known you since you were an outgoing, fun loving, 8th grader and know you are one of the strongest and most positive people I have ever known! My love, good positive, healing thoughts are going out for you!! It was good to see you in Chico when we were going through our own crisis… But we know you will beat this thing, just like Gary did!

Lots of love & hugs,

Joan ❤️

11. Samantha says:

Saw your blog link on FB. My aunt was diagnosed with Stage 0 breast cancer 6 years ago. Her pre-op x-ray indicated she also had Stage 3 lung cancer. Here is the link to her blog about “Dancing Through Cancer.” http://ingearcoaching.com/blog/
    Sending healing vibes your way…

Samantha, welcome to the blog! I love new readers! Thank you for sharing your story and I’ll check out your aunt’s blog. Thank you!

12. […] 2. 100 Days of Good Karma is a sweet idea. This project is about finding the good in each day, even when the circumstances aren’t ideal. Learn more about the project here and here. […]

13. Erika says:

It sure does balance! I love your energy!! Serious news, but I know you can get through anything.