It’s been a rough week.
• A friend’s childhood home burned to the ground.
• My in-law’s south Texas ranch house was broken into. Again.
• And I found out I have breast cancer.
Justin and I bought Lottery tickets on principle. We’re going to win. I just know it.
I don’t know a whole lot right now.
What I do know:
• The cancer is in one breast and in one lymph node.
• The doctor gave me a tentative “Stage 2b” diagnosis, pending more test results and a PET scan to see if it has spread anywhere else.
• I’m meeting with an oncologist next week to discuss how to proceed.
Talking with my friend Tina yesterday (she of the burned-down-childhood-home), we found ourselves laughing over the whole mess.
Because what else can you do but laugh?
I mean really, Karma? All in the same week? Really??
So yesterday I started a new daily habit. I’m calling it 100 Days of Good Karma. I’m going to find the silver lining in every single day for 100 days.
You can post your silver lining on Facebook. You can leave it in a comment on this blog. You can write it in a journal. You can just take a moment and appreciate the silver lining in your mind and heart.
But do it.
Because I’m convinced this shit has to balance out somewhere.