• 100 Days of Good Karma: Day 32 (Chemo Round 2: A New Normal)

Hair is a little thinner this time, though I started out with so much it's hard to tell.

Hair is a little thinner this time, though I started out with so much it’s hard to tell.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Today was an example of my ‘new normal’.

I took the kids up to the school to complete registration before school starts.

I took photos for my photography class.

Oh Lord, she has the camera out again.

Shit. She has the camera out again.

Really, woman?

Really?

Humans are so weird.

Humans are so weird.

Then I went for my second round of chemotherapy.

Today’s battle gear was my favorite pair of jeans.  Cancer hates a sparkly butt just as much as camouflage.  Really.  I read that somewhere.

Sparkle butt jeans.

Sparkle butt jeans cure cancer.

Today’s silver lining:  Two treatments down, ten more to go.

In ten weeks the doctors will switch the chemotherapy medication to a stronger combination drug, and the clock will start over.  It’s easier to think of the whole treatment in segments:

• First drug once a week for twelve weeks (now ten left)
    • Second drug once every three weeks for twelve weeks
    • Surgery
    • Radiation

Later I straightened up the house.  If last week is any indication how each chemo cycle will go, the next few days will be spent on the couch binge watching Netflix and I don’t want to stare at a messy house while doing it.

Let the games begin!

Gotta like that Sparkle Butt!! New Religion jeans??

Grace in LA, actually. I like them because they’re like guy jeans that measure waist and length in inches vs a generic size 6, 8, 10. I never seemed able to find the right size jeans in those sizes. They’d either be too short or too long and they’d never fit right. I don’t understand why all women’s jeans aren’t made by inches. Silly clothing manufacturers. *eye roll*

2. Michale Bauer says:

Yeah, two treatments accomplished! Love the pictures you share with us.

My Tuesday Silver Lining: Spent the day with my granddaughter. She’ll be 6 months on the 14th! My son ran some errands, so I was tasked with feeding Audrey apples for lunch (they are in the introduction of solids phase). I brought a cassette player and the old storybook cassette tapes from my son’s childhood. I was singing along with “The Farmer in the Dell” song … Audrey stopped doing her baby thing and just stared at me singing … I realize I’m not a singer, but how can you not sing along!?! Tuesday’s play date with my granddaughter was awesome!

3. pwsquare says:

We all need the sparkle butt jeans. It’s the little things.

4. Kristel says:

I admit I agree with you about the sparkly butt jeans!

I remembered a couple things for you from Dad’s experiences.

1. During chemo, french fries sometimes taste good when nothing else does. So hey eat up! When else will you have a blank check to grab fatty high calorie foods without guilt?

2. If the chemo does start making you sick then apparently you can take that anti-nausea stuff starting the day before and it will get ahead of the nausea. I know all chemo’s aren’t the same and you seem to be doing well with this. I hope that continues.

Can we have a picture of you in the pink wig? Or is that being reserved for later? I’m jealous of the pink hair. 🙂

I’ve found that salty stuff tends to sit better than other food. I’ve had some nausea but the anti-nausea meds help A LOT. I made sure to take them before chemo this round and stay on them for at least 24 hours after chemo. That seems to get me past the worst of it.

The picture of me in the pink wig is being reserved for another blog post. (oh the suspense! 😉 )

“Sparkley” anything makes everything better!!! Xoxo

6. Auntie Minute says:

Sparkles are a good look for you I liked the pair you wore when we were all in California, I even said I’d like a pair of sparkle butt!!

I just got my first pair of sparkle butt jeans. Just doing my part to cure cancer.